June 6, 2017

joey + yuki

The main event of our California road trip was the wedding of our dear friends Joey and Yuki. Since I had the honor of being in the bridal party, these pictures were taken by Drew per my request. But he's not going to share them, so it is my duty to do so! :)
On the night before the sealing, we celebrated the couple at the beautiful Nelson home in Brea with tacos, ice cream, and a kickass dance party with music brought to you by Drew. If you need someone to make you a wedding mix that will consist of only the best, Drew is your guy! (jk, he is so sick of me volunteering him to do these for our friends-- he has done four weddings now-- so maybe ask him first lol)
 Mr. & Mrs. Nelson // May 20, 2017 // Los Angeles Temple
Story time! Yuki is one of my oldest and dearest friends. Her family moved to my hometown and home ward in Lancaster when I was 11 years old(? I think? I just remember being in senior primary and wishing I could be in Beehives with her. How CUTE is that?!) It didn't take long for us to become friends, and our families got along so well too. I was so sad when the Dorffs moved to Washington a few short years later, but we became loyal pen-pals. I didn't see her again until I flew out one summer to attend EFY together in Oregon when I was 15. To this day, we laugh about what a ridiculous and weird week that was, but it is still one of my fondest memories with Yuki. A few years later, she transferred to BYU Provo the same semester that I started my freshman year and we've been close ever since. Yuki is someone I know will be my friend for years to come, because it has never been hard for us to stay connected despite where our lives take us. I am STOKED that she married Joey. We love hanging out with them. Another fun fact! Drew and Joey have known each other since their freshman year at BYU eight years ago. So like, collectively, we have known this couple for a longgg time and can't wait for all the double dates in the future!
Bridesman, bridesmaids, bride, groom, groomsmen, groomswomen
Ethnically diverse bridal party? Check.
Photo courtesy of the groom himself! lol.
After the sealing we enjoyed an intimate and beautiful dinner in Topanga Canyon with family and friends of the bride and groom. The view, the venue, and the décor was all so dreamy. I cannot wait to see how their (also our ;)) wedding photographer extraordinaire, Moni, captured everything. But in the meantime, I'm pretty fond of the moments that Drew captured too :)
Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day! Big congrats and best wishes to the newly married joeynelson_official & yukinelson_official! I know you hate that joke by now, but I still love it. And I love you two! <3

1 comment:

  1. You look perfect and Yuki is stunning!! I love love love her dress {heart eyes emojis forever}. This looks like the most perfect weekend wedding and I'm obsessed with these photos. film 4ever.

    ReplyDelete