February 5, 2017

no hate, no fear, refugees are welcome here

February 4th, 2017. Another weekend, another march. Has it really only been 15 days? 

Saturday was a sunny, warm, and beautiful day in Salt Lake City. The perfect conditions to march with thousands of other Utahns. This was the first march I was able to attend in the series of marches over the past two weekends. I desperately wanted to attend the march in Park City on what should now be considered a holiday (International Women's March Day, January 21st...who's with me?!), but unfortunately the snowy weather was so bad I couldn't make it up to Park City to participate. I am so glad I had the opportunity to come out for this one though! Although we got to the party a little late (hence the sparse crowds in some of these pictures), I still managed to hear some inspiring speeches, read some truly hilariously clever signs, meet some lovely people, and feel an overwhelming sense of love and community with my fellow Americans. 
See more at: #utahmarchforrefugees

No comments:

Post a Comment