August 25, 2014

powell pals

For those of you who didn't know, I recently finished summer classes and it was pretty miserable. I took two classes in Chemistry which happen to be my worst subject. I was also back to working part-time meaning no more phat staxx. On top of all of this, Drew was in London for a study abroad for the duration of summer semester. I missed him lots and finding time to talk and Skype was difficult due to our busy schedules and the seven hour time difference. Basically the majority of my summer was pretty sucky. This past week certainly made up for all of that. Two days after taking my final, I left for Lake Powell with Drew and his family and it was a dream. I have never been to Lake Powell before and I can honestly say now that it is one of the prettiest places I have ever seen in person. We stayed on their houseboat in Padre Bay and the week was a blast filled with tubing, wakeboarding, exploring on jet-skis, Cards Against Humanity rounds, crazy storms, and sleeping under the stars. Spending the week with Drew and the rest of the Tekulve's was such a treat and my first ever Powell experience was a success! 
 fifty shades of blue
Harvey! Drew's nephew and the baby with the longest lashes known to man
photocred: Drew on his IPHONE. Not kidding.
Chinese lanterns (cue songs from Tangled)
guys I got up on the wakeboard on my first try ever!!!
#neature
pocahontas + john smith vibes

These pictures do not even do this place justice. I totally get what all the hype about Lake Powell is now and I would love to visit again! After our week on the lake, Drew and I roadtripped to Las Vegas for the remainder of the weekend for a friend's wedding and some touristy business. But to avoid writing a novel, expect a separate post about it with even more pictures! Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Ok Harvey! and I'm not even a baby person.. Powell too! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete