May 21, 2014

nothing comes close to the golden coast

This past weekend I was ~*C@Li4ni@ dR3@miN'*~ and by that I mean I road tripped to California with Drew, Desireé, Andy, and Thaddeus. I've never been to southern California before this trip so I was super excited to leave Provo for a weekend of daisy dukes, bikinis on top. Just kidding, but I still had a blast with this bunch on the legendary #CAroashram2k14.  
This is how we feel about being at the beach in CA instead of work in UT.
N*gg@$ in Newport

Earlier last week Kishi Bashi released his newest album 'Lighght' and I listened to it non-stop at work that day. I found out a while ago he has a show at The Urban Lounge in Salt Lake City this month, but it's a 21+ venue so I just became even MORE bitter that I couldn't go after listening to his new music. I checked his website in the hopes that by some miracle he changed venues or something and saw to my happy surprise that he was playing an all-ages show in L.A. on Friday. HOW LUCKY IS THAT?!? I freaked out and told the rest of the crew so we could buy our tickets. So after leaving the beach on Friday, we drove to L.A. for the concert and it was absolutely incredible. It was so fun singing and dancing to his electro-poppy, violinist sound that is unlike anything I've ever heard. My favorite song of the night (and in general right now) was The Ballad of Mr. Steak and Drew deemed that song the summer jam of 2k14 which I agree with wholeheartedly. Since the Fonda Theatre is on Hollywood Boulevard, we walked around after the concert looking at the Walk of Fame. I was determined to find Audrey Hepburn's star because duh, she's my favorite person. I finally did and it was the perfect ending to such a fun, jam-packed first day in California.
Did you know I've never been to Disneyland?! Well, Drew did so he took me on Saturday for my very first Disneyland experience because he's the sweetest and it was the best day. Not pictured is the pair of Mickey Mouse ears I purchased and wore around the park for three minutes. But I did document how calm, cool, and collected we were on Splash Mountain. 

I may or may not have teared up during the fireworks show. Sorry that Disneyland
 is the happiest and most magical place on Earth.
After attending church at Drew's home ward with his parents, we made one last stop before 
the drive back to Provo at the Newport Beach Temple. This is one of the prettiest temples
I've been to and I love the peach color of it, making it unique to most other temples. 
The #CAroashram2k14 crew. This weekend was the chillest and I had the best time with these kids. It was so sad coming back to work and back to Provo on Monday. Hopefully I can go back again soon. However, I'm still excited for the rest of my summer here full of more adventures, trips, and summer lovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment